We are so very grateful for all of our guests who make Serenity Helicopters possible and so special for all of us here each day. This year the Serenity Helicopters team is sharing our favorite Thanksgiving Meal Recipes. We hope you enjoy them, and wish you a Happy Thanksgiving 2019!
Slowcooker Mac n Cheese
No Maddog Thanksgiving is complete without Mac & Cheese.
8 ounces cooked elbow macaroni, cook it for half the time on the box
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
1-1/2 cups whole milk
1/4 cup Challenge butter, melted
1 teaspoon salt
Dash of pepper
2 large eggs, beaten
2 (10-ounce) bricks sharp Cheddar cheese, about 5 cups, grated
Dash of paprika
- Spray a 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray and add macaroni, evaporated milk, whole milk, butter, salt, pepper, and eggs.
- Stir in all but 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and paprika on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours 15 minutes.
This recipe can also be cooked in a 9 x 13-inch pan coated with butter and placed in a 350 degree oven for 50 minutes.
Many people have had success placing uncooked macaroni in the slow cooker instead of cooked.
Deep Fried Turkey
Another Mad Dog favorite… deep fried turkey! Check out the link below for step by step instructions.
Mashed Potato Casserole
Christy takes mashed potatoes to the next level with her mashed potato casserole!!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.YIELD: 8 servings.
3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup whole milk
1 small onion, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until tender. Drain; place potatoes in a large bowl. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, milk, onion, garlic salt and salt; beat until blended.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with paprika. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Dr. Love LOVES his stuffing! Delicious stuffing hack: Get croutons from Outback Steakhouse!
Prep Time 20 minutes, Cook Time 45 minutes
Side Dish, makes 6 cups, approximately
1 small red onion (minced)
4 medium garlic cloves (minced)
1/2 cup celery (minced and packed loosely when measuring)
2 tbsp olive oil
4 cups garlic rosemary croutons (see link above)
1 tbsp dried parsley
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups chicken broth or other broth
- Sauté the onion, garlic & celery in a skillet with olive oil.
- Pour croutons into a large mixing bowl.
- Add onion mixture to croutons and mix well.
- Stir in spices and then transfer entire mixture to a baking dish.
- Pour chicken broth on top of the croutons and let it sit in the fridge while you preheat oven to 350 F.
- Bake stuffing for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until it is golden brown & slightly crispy on top.
- If making this ahead of time and need to reheat, simply cover with foil & heat at 350 F. for approximately 20-30 min or until warmed through.
Captain Tom’s got a sweet tooth! Cranberry sauce is a staple!!
Captain Jim REALLY loves Pecan Pie, but TRIES to be healthy! Here is his Pecan Pie recipe WITHOUT high fructose corn syrup!
Trina could spend the entire day eating warm pumpkin pie with whipped cream. She’s tried many recipes, but realized after many taste tests that nothing beats Costco, so…. No recipe needed.
What do you love to eat during the holidays? Have any favorite recipes you can share or mention?
Comment below and share it with us!