If you are like me, the first thing that you think of when you think of Las Vegas is casinos. Even though there are many other reasons to visit Las Vegas, gambling is definitely one of the main attractions, with about 80% of visitors doing at least a little gambling during their stay. With this being the case, you may not be surprised to learn that the average visitor to Las Vegas has a gambling budget of $530. This adds up to over 6 billion dollars spent on gambling per year in Las Vegas!
Here are some more interesting facts about gambling in Vegas:
- There are about 75 casinos in Las Vegas. About 30 of these are directly on the strip.
- The MGM Grand is the largest casino in Vegas. It has over 3,500 slot machines and 165 game tables.
- People who gamble spend an average of about 3 hours per day gambling while in Vegas.
- People who gamble play the slot machines most often, even though they have the worst odds.
- Blackjack has the best odds of winning, with Roulette coming in second.
- Only 11% of gamblers end up making money. Of these, most win less than $150.
- You can take a sunset tour of the Grand Canyon, including a complimentary champagne picnic lunch, with the top rated helicopter tour company on TripAdvisor, for less than the average Las Vegas visitor’s gambling budget!
Why not take a break from the strip and spend your money on a memory that will last a life time. See the Grand Canyon in style with Serenity Helicopters. Here is what some of Serenity Helicopter’s guests have to say about taking a tour of the Grand Canyon, a natural wonder just outside of Las Vegas.
“We checked out lots of other trips to the Grand Canyon and chose Serenity and we were not disappointed. We landed in the Canyon and had breakfast and a drink and stayed there for half an hour to wonder around and enjoy our surroundings. The whole trip took about 3 1/2 hours and I was just blown away. If you go to Vegas, remember, there are slots and gambling everywhere, this is the only place you can see the Grand Canyon. Go and see it, you won’t be disappointed. ” – Joelle P.
“I can’t say enough about our pilot, Cole. He was just wonderful. Very knowledgeable and a great pilot. It isn’t often that you meet someone who loves the job, but Cole does and it shows. The flight out was great. Once in the Grand Canyon, we landed well below the rim of the Canyon, but above the bottom. There were two picnic tables set up and we had a wonderful meal. Overall, this was the highlight of our week in Las Vegas. We are very glad that we selected Serenity and have already recommended it to our friends.” – Paul B